Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Carson's surgery

Carson's surgery went well yesterday. He was a big hit with all the nurses. They kept coming by to talk to him and kept checking on him after surgery. He is such a flirt!

Dr. Lewin repaired his "mini" cleft lip. She did everything through the oral cavity under his lip. So, his lip is very swollen. He has been a little fussy, but the pain medication has made him sleepy and comfortable. He's doing better with his feedings, but I think it hurts to suck since his lip is so swollen.

Thanks to everyone for the prayers. They were much appreciated for our little guy!

Here are some pictures before surgery and when he was in recovery.




4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that picture when he is sitting up. So glad things went well yesterday and that hurtle is over. See you this weekend!

MeganK said...

So glad it went well! He's so sweet! People in Hollywood pay big bucks to get lips like his little swollen one! Good seeing & chatting with you guys Sunday! We'll have to get together for a playdate this summer.

Lewis Family said...

Ok, literally his poor face after surgery makes me tear up. Bless his little heart! I am so happy everything went soothly, I was sending him prayers across an ocean! Lots and lots of hugs and love!

dancy said...

I am so glad things went smoothly. He is such a big boy! I hope he feels better soon.