Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update on our family

Last week I had to do 3rd trimester labs, one being the one hour glucose fast. This would determine if you had gestational diabetes. I hadn't heard from them so I thought this was good. Then I received a message from the nurse yesterday that my gluscose was elevated. So I had to go in today to do the 3 hour glucose test. No fun at all. I was stuck 4 times for blood draws and had to drink the 100 gram glucola, which is the worst thing. Then for 3 hours I had to sit there and have my blood drawn every hour for 3 hours. All I could drink was water. Well, I survived and pray that my test will turn out fine. I checked my blood glucose yesterday at work and it was only 82, so I hoping the first test was a fluke!

Claire is doing great. Pretty much walking. She has no fear and is taking more steps everyday. At first it was only 4-6 steps, now it is 10 or more. She gets so excited when she walks. I've tried to get a picture of her, but it's a little hard with her walking towards me. I'll try to get one soon.

Josh is liking his new job. He has been really busy, but is learning a lot. He is starting his doctorate next week, so he will really be busy then. But it will be worth it in the long run. We are so proud of him and his accomplishments!

2 comments:

Miller Family said...

Saw your sweet parents at Dara's wedding. They haven't changed a bit. Claire is too cute and getting so big!

Dehmer Family said...

Hey Krist! Aren't you proud of me? I have finally entered the technological era. I have been reading your blog for awhile but didn't know how to leave a comment until i got an account. I am soooo excited you are having a baby boy! The LOVE their mommas! I have been praying for both of you. I can't wait to get Claire and Rimes together. Sounds like they would be two peas in a pod!!